Wednesday, September 5, 2007

What Time Is It?


I have a feeling this blog is going to become something of a diary or journal after it is all said and done.
I am sitting here wondering about the reality of finding a job that will pay me. I am also wondering about the harsh fact that when I accept the job that offers first, it will only become one more place I waste my time and my talents at. I will once again wake up every morning and dread the drive to the work place. I will dread the moment my car parks and it is time for me to walk inside and start another eight hours on mindless bullshit. But hey, I need money.
But I will also become a mindless drone for some company that slaps a number on me and finds out about the person I am from some silly computer generated report. They do not even give me a nice caring pat on the ass as I walk out of the door.
It is alright, though. It is a world of mindless drones doing their jobs. Some doing them well, some doing decently while some are only barely getting by. Either one you might be, we are all in the same position with different titles.
The clock strikes 8:00 a.m. and the morning whistle sounds. After four hours of repetitive tasks and sleeping legs, the clock strikes noon.
Oh, what smiles are to be seen at the twelve o'clock hour.
Here comes one o'clock and the faces are blank once more.
So, four more hours will pass and the grumpy trolls pass along task after task until the five o'clock whistle sounds. Then the lost smiles return to the relieved faces.
But those faces will lose those smiles once more when bed time comes along, because they know sleep goes by so quickly and their next step is a morning routine to get ready for work and then to repeat the work day tradition once more.
YEAH!
I know it is not like this for everyone. But, seriously, why do we work? We do it for the one simple fact of the need for money. Yeah, we might find a job we actually like and enjoy buffaloing out those mindless tasks day after day. Honestly though, you would have never found that job you like if you didn't need money.
Personally, I hate money. Man will stand on podiums and do a great job at acting like they are rulers. Let's face it though, money is in charge. The USA did not become a mega power with force alone. We were the richest. We were able to afford the most high tech weapons. We were able to afford the top-notch training we put our soldiers through.
But watch out, here comes China.
But, I digress.
I sit here and every time I look at the clock to see what time it is I am always surprised. So much time passes in what seems to be such short periods of time. How is it that sixty seconds passes so slowly when I am doing something I wish I wasn't. When it comes to doing things I thoroughly enjoy, sixty minutes will pass in what seems to be a blink of an eye.
Time is just as important as money, I think. We are all on deadlines. Whether it be achievements to accomplish by a certain age, or whether it be the countdown until the day one turns twenty-one. Or, a newspaper columnist struggling to meet a deadline to turn in an article, or a student struggling to finish a project by a certain day.
We are all a victim of time and money. Some have more, while others struggle to find some anywhere and anyway they can.

1 comment:

Romeo Morningwood said...

Here comes China is right! I am constantly monitoring events over there trying to decide if this monolithic beast will disintegrate into several different countries.
The retraction of Yugoslavia, USSR, Czechslovakia and the inevitable trissection of Iraq, into smaller clanish domains, seems to be the wave of the future.

Just when we are supposed to be turning into a global village the world, well the fabricated human world anyway, seems to be resorting to age old demographic clans. Weird.

On the Power Of Ten a poll indicated that only 75% of Americans believed that the USA would remain in it's present form in 100 years.