Saturday, September 8, 2007

Bite Your Lip, Get Up And Love



Everyday, it's a getting closer,
Going faster than a roller coaster,
Love like yours will surely come my way, hey, hey, hey


Pardon me while I finish performing this fantastic phantasmal concert in my living room.

Everyday seems a little longer,
Every way, love's a little stronger,
Come what may, do you ever long for?
True love from me?

Everyday, it's a getting closer,
Going faster than a roller coaster,
Love like yours will surely come my way, hey, hey, hey
Love like yours will surely come my way


THANK YOU. THANK YOU ALL FOR COMING OUT THIS AFTERNOON.
DRIVE SAFELY!!!!


Whew!! Nothing like a good long sip of Vitamin Water after a show stopping performance like I just had.

Isn't the radio a wonderful invention?
I mean, I was feeling a little blah this morning, and then I turned on the radio to the True Oldies Station, 94.7 on the FM dial here in Chicago, and I just started singing. The next thing I knew, I was happy and could not even remember why I was so down.
It all started with a bobbing of the head to the rhythm, then a little foot tapping, the next thing I knew I was up doing my best impression of dancing with a makeshift microphone in my hand entertaining the masses. Masses of course include the two dogs and the numerous cats running rampant around this house.

A stellar performance nonetheless.

So, since my little pick me up, I decided it was time for my daily installment on Two Watches.
But what should I talk about?
Hmmm.....

I could go on and on about the war in Iraq or Afghanistan, but I have nothing to say that has not been said already.



I could talk about the 9/11 cover ups and lies that are plaguing us as Americans, but I will leave that for my sister who writes so admirably about that on her blog, Bold Contemplations.

So what else is there that I can write about that will hold the interest and the attention of my readers, which are few at this point, but still important.


I want to mention also a great blog I have had the pleasure of reading day in and day out. A must read is Homo Escapeons interesting writings that are impeccable and always very funny yet insightful on topics we seem to be always thinking about but unable to put exactly the way he writes them.


And if religion is a strong topic of conversation for you, then you must check out a good friend of mines blog page, the Unknowing Mind. Mike is truly a scholar and never a topic discussed is done in ignorance or done in vein. Very intelligent and also a must visit.

Enough with the endorsements now. This is my page and my time to shine!

I am kind of hyped up on caffeine right now. I finished off three quarters of a pot of coffee and now am working on a cool refreshing can on Coca-Cola. I should be set for the day now. Or, I might just ramble on and on here until my high wears off and I crash hard with my head pressed against this keyboard.

Let's talk about love. Yes that huge four letter word that confuses the hell out of everyone. It is such a small word but has so much impact on our minds as well as our psyches.

Love makes us do some incredible things. People have committed murder for love. How insane could that be? You need something or someone so badly that you are willing to off the competition even though getting caught will cause you to lose what you love anyway.

"If I can't have you, no one will."
Is that so?

Men and women alike will steal for love, they will lie for love, and they will pretend they have found love.
We must be crazy.

I can ask if love is really worth all the deception it could bring if it meant keeping it. But, I would have to say that it probably would be.

Yes I do have a little doubt in my mind. I am in a great relationship with a woman I truly love. Before I met my love, I would have said that love is a myth and the people who believe they found love, are only lying to themselves and their loved ones.

Now, here I am three years later in love not knowing what I would do if I did ever lose it. If it came down to it, would I steal, would I lie, would I even murder if it meant I could have that sacred love back? Thinking about it, I am compelled to say no, I would not. I am not so quick to give that definite answer for I am not in that position. My love means a lot to me and I am doing all I can to make sure love doesn't caravan off into some others mans arms. Is it enough, I don't know. And, if keeping love means for me to break one of the sacred Ten Commandments of my Bible, is that a love I really want?

Stand by your man.

What else can a woman do. Really! I am saying that men are just awful when it comes to feelings and displays of affection. Which, I can almost say with certainty, most relationships fail for this reason. A woman likes to feel loved and wanted, and men just do not always do that. I know I have trouble with this a lot of times.

So, when a woman leaves, men, being who they are, are compelled to prove their love to such extremes that will for sure demand attention. When, in fact, if love was shown within legal proportions, these extreme circumstances could have been avoided.
But that is just what I am thinking as I sit here still on my caffeine high.

Oh, you can't tell me it's not worth tryin' for
I can't help it there's nothin' I want more
Yeah, I would fight for you - I lie for you
Walk the wire for you - Yeah, I die for you

You know it's true
Everything I do
Ooh, I do it for you

No comments: