Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Bald, In Time

So, I am trying something out for the past six or seven years.
I am doing this balding thing. Maybe you have heard of it. It is where you have absolutely no control over your hair falling out strand by strand from your scalp to the floor or in your sink or in your shower.
Pretty cool...huh?
I remember the days when I was sporting some good old fashioned longer, thick, can hardly slip my fingers through without getting stuck in the tangles type of hair.
Ahhh, those were the days.
I wonder though, is going bald a curse. I mean not everyone gets to do it. When did balding start anyway? I mean, if the caveman had the balding gene, they would end up dead from the freezing weather.
Who was the first bald man? Was he considered a freak of nature? Was he the Elephant Man of the stone age?
I actually don't mind going bald. I am hoping it will happen faster than what it is. I am tired of trying to make my hair look good before I leave the house. When it gets longer inbetween haircuts, if it is not laying properly, it kind of looks like I am wearing a toupee.
Life is cruel.
Right now, my hair is short, freshly cut about a week ago, so it actually looks decent. I am just sporting a larger than normal forehead. But like I said, life is cruel.
What does baldness mean, though?
Is it really a solar conductor for a sex machine? Does it really mean that the brain is getting so large it is pushing the hair follicles from the sockets? Or, is it simply because bald men do it better?
Who knows that real reason.
All I have to say is that I DO do it better, bald or not.

4 comments:

Angela said...

well at least you don't have to worry about going gray. Not fun finding your first gray hair!

Unknown said...

who cares about gray hair?
so what if you are balding - really only thinning. you are stil lovable:)

Frank said...

That was the point of the blog. I don't care that I am going bald. Just some stupid thoughts rolling around in my head, which may be the cause of this baldness.
I just a commercial for Rogaine. Hmm.

Anonymous said...

Its not good when there is more hair in your comb or brush than on your scalp. What can you say...?
MANDY PATINKIN!!!
Im still laughing over the toupee line.