Saturday, March 8, 2008

Well, What Can I Say? The Party Is Coming!

OK. So I wasn't completely honest about my resolution.

I wrote my blog with every intention of getting on here at least a couple times a week and writing some ramblings about nothing. But, of course there was a hitch in the wheel of progress.
My computer at home, for some reason, blocks the access to blogger.
Needless to say, I am not very happy about this.
I have a lot to say with so little time to say it.

Right now I am fighting a cold that is trying its best to kick my ass.
I will not let it though.
We are in round eight of a ten round match and I believe we are even in points with myself pulling ahead with a perfect one, two combo that put this cold up against the ropes.
Let's hope this cold doesn't pull the old rope-a-dope on me.

Anyway, I am getting excited.
The countdown has begun to the end of the Bush administration.
I am considering a party on January 20,2009 which is officially the last day of George W. Bush's presidency.
Maybe I will buy a keg and invite all of my friends and family over and just celebrate the whole day and all of the night; for the Unites States of America will be out of the grips of, who I believe to be, the worst president in this country's history.
I am still not sure who the sad schmuck will be that will take over the problems that seem almost irreversible, and I wonder to myself, who would want that job at this time.
But hey, someone has to do it.

I hope it is going to be Barack Obama.

Honestly though, I am hoping more that a Democrat will be elected because I don't believe this country can handle four more years of a Republican mindset.

Let's go over what has happened in the last eight years of this country with good ol' Georgie at the helm.

First. We were attacked by our "number one enemy" on that fateful day in September. But, of course, I cannot completely blame Mr. Bush for the events of that day.

Second. We engaged in a never-ending war on terror with Afghanistan.

Third. We engaged in a never-ending war on terror in Iraq, which oddly enough did not house terror until we declared war on the country and sought the end of a Saddam Hussein regime.

Fourth. Gas prices sky rocketed from an average of $1.52 per gallon at the beginning of 2001 to an outrageous $3.10 per gallon as of February 2008.
But not to worry, prices are still rising with the price per gallon expected to reach $4.00 per gallon.

Fifth. Our economy has been slowly sinking into a recession which is finally showing its ugly head here in the early months of 2008.
But no worries to Americans, Georgie is giving the economy a booster shot by sending out tax rebates to most tax payers.
YEAH!!

Sixth. The real estate market is booming with foreclosures. It is estimated that one million houses are in foreclosure right now in the United States with that number on the rise.

Seventh. North Korea has threatened the United States with nuclear weapons and of course we were once again ready to spread our troops thin to start a war we probably could never win.

Eighth. We are threatening war with Iran for the belief of cooperation with terrorists and nuclear weapons.
Those nukes are popular these days.

I know there is more that I will not get into. But I know that better days are coming; at least I hope better days are coming.

So, remember, January 20, 2009. Be at my place for a kegger and we will party like it is 1999.
Be there or be square! For I have seen the light!
We will all, one day, walk together through happier days where our troops will no longer lose their lives for one mans greed, where we will not have to worry about how bill will be paid because the car needs to be gassed up.

For I have seen those days and those are good days.

Follow me my fellow Americans to a new era.
The Post-Bush era where we will once again believe in a country that once did so much for us.

No comments: