Monday, March 10, 2008

So Tired...

I am so tired.

I can barely keep my eyes open when watching the nightly news or reading the daily paper.

Front page news.
Read all about it!

Somebody else was shot, stabbed, poisoned; somebody else got their ass kicked, or was pushed from a high rise building. Another fire has broken out that is believed to be arson, an explosive device was found, an explosive device was detonated.

Another fifty soldiers were killed in Iraq, in Afghanistan by roadside bombings, enemy fire, friendly fire.

Yet another victim of kidnapping has been reported, it has been three months since his/her disappearance, it has been a year since his/her disappearance and their spouse still remains the prime suspect, but no body has yet been found.

Extra Extra!!

I don't think I can take anymore.
There are always those little stories that tug on the heart strings thrown in during the last thirty seconds of the broadcast that kind of make you say awww and kind of make the world a better, gentler place.

Those happy fillers just don't do that for me anymore. I still remember eighteen public school children in Chicago have been killed since the beginning of the school year. I still remember we are in a never ending war. I remember there is a rapist, a murderer, and a pedophile creeping around my neighborhood preying on his next victim.

I REMEMBER!!

Remember the Beatles?
All you need is love!

How about Austin Powers? Free love and happiness, baby!

I am not sure if anyone has heard about the theory of December 21, 2012 being the end of the world, but there are many books written with scientific and historical arguments to back up this theory of a world ending. I will save that overview for a different blog, but with the way things are going, I am starting to believe that there is a change coming.
A drastic change.
If we do not make this change, then unfortunately, nature and higher powers will make the change for us.
If that happens, I am sure we will not approve of the outcome.
After all, we have been trying to stop nature for centuries.

Maybe free love and peace will work for the next lives that will be entrusted this earth.
Maybe they will not mess it up as bad as we are trying to.

No comments: