Thursday, January 24, 2008

Wake Up Call

Alright, I have finally made my New Years resolution!

I am vowing from here on out to be more devout to my web page and get back to where I was as far as posting brilliant and thought provoking blogs that entertain the masses.

I have had so much to say over the past few months, but never found the time to sit down and write to get everything off my heavy chest.

So now, where do I start?

Hmmm, now that is a loaded question.

First let me just say rest in peace to Heath Ledger.
I don't want to get into a whole blog about the influences and poor judgments of Hollywood youth, but I do have to say that if his death is found to be related to drug abuse and what not, it is time we as a people stand up against the so called role model socialites and movie stars.

We poke fun and come up with witty puns to make light of media starlets and stars that go in and out of rehab like it was a summer vacation house without realizing the effects that all the attention being drawn by this exclusive community is doing nothing but glamorizing, to put it bluntly, being FUCKED up.

But, Heath's death is not known as of yet, so I don't want to assume the worse. All I do want to say is that I believe we have lost a talented actor and, from what I have read, a decent human being, which is how I hope he is remembered.


This country is in need of a serious wake up call!!


We, as a people, have lost our damn minds.

Maybe it is because the incompetent administration we have in the White House at this time and we as a people just feel we need to follow suit.
Maybe it is because craziness and nonsense are the new fads of the 21st century.
Whatever the case may be, it is time we wake up and shake this stupidity haunting our world image.

There should be no more glamourizing or idolizing of human beings that believe in everything opposite of the values that should be held close to each and everyone.
That value is PRIDE!!
Have some damn pride in yourselves and say no to the tabloids that keep us on the edge of our seat night after night.

There should be no more trying to make sense of doing something that is blatantly wrong. For example, a month or so ago a forest preserve in Northern California were setting traps to kill beavers that were gnawing on trees along side a bike path casuing those trees to fall down into the path.
Now these traps catch the beavers underwater and hold them there until they drown, which takes about twenty minutes which seems to me to be a slow and agonizing death. I can not find the quote again that I have printed up, and now lost, but reading an article from a local paper in Bakersfield, CA. there was a state offical quoted as saying something to the effect of how harsh decisions need to be made when nature conflicts with the existence of man.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

I know that man needs to progress and with that will come the inabilty to coexist with nature, but this is supposed to be a forest preserve where the beauty of nature is supposed to be preserved, not killed for interferring with the little men and women pedaling their way through a serene backdrop in their bright multi-colored spandex who are afraid of getting a tree branch stuck in their spokes.

Come on people, let us get a clue.

I am tired of the human race wanting to progress so far with their race to the point that destruction is inevitable.

There were talks about Japan putting a device in the air to control the weather for when they are hosting the Olympics to guarantee gorgeous weather.
Global warming is coming to the point where no matter what might be done in the future a fix is not ensured.

We are full of questions with no answers.
We are full of problems with no solutions.

Basically, what we need to understand and take heed to.

WE ARE FULL OF IT!!

1 comment:

Romeo Morningwood said...

Are you back?
Nope.
Are you coming back?

I loved your message..
I'll see ya when I see ya.