Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Difference of Power

"I don't know how to see the same things different now"

Isn't that the truth!

That is a line from a Counting Crows song, Insignificant.

That kind of sums up where I am at right now. I am trying to look at myself and my life and life in general different that what I once did. It is very tough though. When I was younger, a teenager, I thought life was pretty cut and dry. You live, you die, you go to heaven or hell.
Pretty easy, huh.

Well, I am not so sure it is so easy anymore. Only things I can be sure of is that you live and you die. That isn't enough though, is it?

Seems to me to be a very resentful life. I mean, we as humans, the smartest species upon this planet, are given no means but to live and die while the animal kingdom is very specific about their lot in life.
Even the plants and trees and flowers have their reasons. Are we merely here to give life to the world with the carbon dioxide that is disposed from our lungs and into the trees for life?
Are we merely here to figure out what the animal and plant lifes' are here for?
It amazes me that we know so much about the other species living on this planet, but when it comes to our existence we are still so incredibly unclear.
We are nothing but theories and "what ifs" as we claim to take power over all living things. But what if all other living things were here to take power over us?

For as smart as we believe ourselves to be, we sure do act very stupidly. The plants, the trees, the animals that we need to survive, that this planet needs to survive, are being killed in vein with excuses of a better life for humans. But yet, we need these living creatures to survive, and yet we kill them thinking it betters our life and the means by which we live it?

I don't know about you, but I am not impressed with this thought process. It is time, to me, to step back and see ourselves outside of our bodies to find the answers we truly need.
We are merely natures pawns in its own existence, and if we think we can hold back nature, then we are truly the dumbest species on this planet.
To steal from Gary Zukav, the author of "The Seat of the Soul", we need to start searching for authentic empowerment instead of external empowerment. Meaning, we need to stop trying to control all that is not meant to be controlled. We need to start searching inside ourselves for wholeness, for that better way of life that not only suits us, but suits all that abides on this planet with us in hopes for a harmonious union.
Yes, it is hard to see these same things different, but it is not impossible.
We need to stop looking for leadership over our lives from governments or even friends or family members and learn to use them as guidance. The leadership you need is within yourself and only that can truly empower you toward a life that is filled with reason and necessity.
This is where I am at. I no longer want to follow the path of the one that I believe should lead me. I want to follow my own path with the guidance of the ones I consider a teacher.
Never doubt yourself even when questions are present. We all have the answers, we just need to be able to answer that question when we ask it.
There is no longer a need to look outside yourself, all we need is to look inside ourselves and find faith in you, find faith in your answers.
Find faith in your journey that will lead you whether it be right or wrong, for we will all find what is needed to be found at that time, in our own place.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Amen!

I totally knew you were reading that book when I read your last few posts! You won't regret your process. Although you may get bruised along the way, you will emerge stronger, more confident, and more loving than before! I am so excited for you...!

Romeo Morningwood said...

I am 'off the grid' as much as possible, the mainstream rat race that is, for this very reason. I found that when I was consumed with the busy-ness world that I was focussing on the vapid tokens that you get for participating.

I couldn't hear myself think and didn't make time to even listen after a while. I imploded because I was so far from myself that I was lost in space.

I have no doubt that there are logical explanations for many of my question but I still have to filter them through the 3 pound glob of gloop holding my ears apart. I, or rather my processor, will ultimately decide what is real and important.

Now that I am 50 I have more questions than answers but i have much BETTER questions and I consider that progress. I just wish that I could have done it sooner but I wasn't ready..

thanks for posting a hmmmm.
We should all try to be more Hmmmman.